Blogging at Acquia
While I was at Acquia this summer I wrote a number of blog posts for Acquia. Check them out below.
- Drupal Commons: Then and Now
- A comparison of Acquia Commons at the beginning of the summer when I joined Acquia to the end of last summer when Commons was released and I wrote an analysis of it for Mediacurrent.
- Status Streams in Commons
- A sneak peak and overview of the status updates / activity stream features I developed that have become the centerpiece of Commons 2.0.
- BrowserID: from announcement to Drupal module in under 24 hours
- A discussion of how I wrote the BrowserID module for Drupal in under 24 hours since Mozilla announced the BrowserID initiative. This kind of effort can only happen in a large open-source community like Drupal's.
- Commons 2.0 and Contributing to the Drupal Community
- Throughout my time at Acquia, I made sure that I could contribute nearly everything I developed back to the Drupal community. As a result, any Drupal website in the world can now use status update and activity stream technology similar to the features that made Facebook so popular.